Planning to conceive. Taking Clomid. Dominant follicle measuring 15*12mm and endometrial tickness was 8.5mm on day 15. Guide?

Mar 2013
hi , we are trying fr conception for past 6 months. after taking clomid for 5 days i went for follicular study on day 13 i had only one dominant follicle in my right ovary measuring to 10*9mm and no df in left ovary and endometrial tickness was 7.8mm and day 15 the size of the dominant follicle in my right ovary measuring to 15*12mm endometrial tickness was 8.5mm .i'm asked to come for another ultrasound on 17th say. i'm very much tensed.what should i infer from this. am i on right track.
Posted Wed, 19 Jun 2013 in Infertility Problem
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 50 minutes later
Normally ovulation occurs around day 14 in a regular 28 cycle, day cycle.
Around the time of ovulation, the size of the mature dominant follicle is around 20 - 22 mm.
If you have a regular cycle, then the development is slightly lagging behind on day 13 and also on day 15.
Also, with clomiphene , generally more than one follicle grows, however in some women only one follicle also may grow, which is also acceptable.
Please get back with the ultrasounds on day 17 and also those further ahead, as in some women with delayed or irregular cycles, ovulation might occur late.
If the serial scans later on show adequate growth, then there is no major cause for worry.
Endometrial development seems to be on track.
Also, You have not provided details of your normal menstrual cycles, and other investigations of infertility such as semen analysis, your tubal patency testing and hormonal assay.
These also influence chances of conception.
All the best.
Feel free to write more and discuss further.
Follow-up: Planning to conceive. Taking Clomid. Dominant follicle measuring 15*12mm and endometrial tickness was 8.5mm on day 15. Guide? 12 minutes later
Actually my menstrual cycle is 30 0r 31days. already i had two miscarriages, first one was a spontaneous abortion in 2011 and the second one was a forced abortion in 4 months due to down syndrome in baby. this happened in may 2012.after adeqaute rest for 8 months, my gyn suggested me to go for blood test initially for diagonising, prolactin, thyroid, FSH and other routine checkups like cholestrol etc. the report seems to be normal. this was done last month. and i got my periods last month on 34th day. then she suggested clomid treament for now.
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 4 hours later
If you have history of delayed cycles, you can still be hopeful as the follicle would grow and ovulate later .
Please let me know the ultrasounds done later in this cycle.
I hope you are taking adequate folic acid supplements.