Planning for baby. Do I need to take up any tests?

We are planning for a family, kindly let me know if i need to take up any tests? I have normal cycle of 28 days

Posted Fri, 28 Sep 2012 in Getting Pregnant
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 41 minutes later

I do not think there is any need to undergo any tests at present.

Unless you are having some issues or concerns there are no routine tests advised.Just visit your family physician and get your blood pressure check and routine examination done.

Normally we do advise start taking tablets of folic acid in this period. Folic acid helps in preventing chances of neuronal defects in new born. You can discuss this with your physician about this.

Please write again if you have some more queries.

Wishing you all the best.