Planning for a baby. Missed periods after stopping evra patch. Should I be worried?

hi i was wondering i was on the evra patch 4 two yrs an i am planning a baby. I have stopped the patch on the 20th july past took my period on the 24th july and have no period since shold i b worried?
Posted Thu, 29 Nov 2012 in Getting Pregnant
Answered by Dr. Timothy Raichle 57 minutes later
Hello, I would be happy to help you with your question.

Well, this is a long time to not get a period and probably relates to absent ovulation. This needs to be worked up by your doctor and would include:

1. An exam
2. Test of thyroid function
3. Check of prolactin levels
4. A pregnancy test
5. An ultrasound

This is not very uncommon and it begins with your OB/GYN. Sometimes you need medication to "induce" a period. If you do not ovulate, and there is no explanation, then use of fertility medications such as clomid is indicated.

I hope this helps!!