Planning for a baby. Missed periods. What are the pregnancy symptoms?

My monthly periods were on 18th April, but have not got my periods till today i.e. 23rd April. We are planning for a child. Hence want to know the early symtoms of pregnancy by which i can come to know if i am pregnant.when should i go for preganncy test?
Posted Sat, 11 May 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Meenakshi Titoria Sahu 19 minutes later

If your periods were due on 18th and you are not menstruating, give your blood sample for beta hcg test.

Early symptoms of pregnancy are nausea, vomiting, acidity, alteration in taste etc. However not every pregnant women may have these symptoms. Since you are planning for pregnancy, start taking folic acid 5 mg per day in consultation with your local doctor.

Let me know if you have other queries.

Best wishes
Follow-up: Planning for a baby. Missed periods. What are the pregnancy symptoms? 58 minutes later
Thanks for your reply. Request you to check and confirm if i can do some test at home first to verify if the result is positive. If yes which is best possible test. Also note that currently i am suffering from cough and cold. Was having bad headache from last 2 days, but do not have idea if same is due to cold. Also having nausea feeling. Request you to guide on same at the earliest.
Answered by Dr. Meenakshi Titoria Sahu 17 hours later
You can do urine pregnancy test at home if negative repeat it after 1 week.

Cold, cough, nausea could be because of viral or pregnancy. Consult your local doctor for examination and blood tests if required.

Best wishes