Pink spot after forearm burn, dark blue vein till bottom of forearm. What should I do?

Jul 2012

I burned the snide of my left forearm on Monday night and since this am it has gotten pink around an inch around the initial burn...I have also noticed a faint pink line about an inch long going up and towards that dark blue vein that runs up the bottom of my forearm. What should I do?
Posted Wed, 5 Sep 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Praveen Rodrigues 7 hours later
Hi there.

At the outset, please do apply a topical cream called fucicort (betamethasone + fusidic acid) twice a day for some 24-48 hrs to decrease the immediate inflammation. Then switch to a cream called Mebo (herbal) variety for a further 2-3 weeks.

I would have advised running ice-cold water down your arm in the first instance as a first-aid measure & you may want to remember that for the next time around (God forbid)! Having said all this, it is always best to review with your local dermatologist on the ground.

Don’t worry. These things take time to heal & with all the various creams & lasers around nowadays, scarring is often very minimal. Please do get back with photographs in around 2-3 weeks time & perhaps can review your case then. Cheers & hope this info was useful.

Please do remember to layer only a 'thin' layer of the cream on the surface & allow the skin to breathe as opposed to 'caking' of the skin with a thick layer application. I do hope this info suffices for the moment & if so, please do accept my answer. Cheers!

Dr Praveen Rodrigues MD Dermatologist & Cosmetologist, XXXXXXX Hospital, Bangalore
Follow-up: Pink spot after forearm burn, dark blue vein till bottom of forearm. What should I do? 1 hour later
How do I submit a picture? Is that even needed?
Answered by Dr. Praveen Rodrigues 8 minutes later
Hi there,

If the above advice suffices & you are satisfied then no requirement for the picture. Also if you feel in the least bit uncomfortable & cherish your privacy, again no need.

Should you at a later date desire a more detailed opinion or/& clarification, then you can upload using the upload a picture/report option available on this page. Alternatively you can mail the picture to my attention (ATTN: Dr. Praveen Rodrigues) and send it across to YYYY@YYYY

Hope this suffices.

P.S. Wish you a speedy recovery & scar-free skin.

Dr Rodrigues