Persisting numbness and tingling on the knees after a fall. When will these symptoms go away?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
hi i fell on my knee 2 months ago. My knee still has a little pain...but its numb and tingles? and hasnt gone away.....i went for xrays today...results arent in yet.....will the numbness go away on its own? and why is it numb and tingling?
Posted Mon, 21 May 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 52 minutes later
The numbness and tingling around the knee is due to a nerve irritation may be due to a local swelling after the injury. It will gradually subside on its own. Taking vitamin B complex and methylcobalamin supplements can hasten the recovery.
In addition to X-rays, investigations like nerve conduction studies will help in the exact diagnosis.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.