Persisting hard lump between hairline and neck post being hit. Cause of worry?

Hi I hit the back of head between the hairline and top of neck a year ago and a hard lump came up and never went down it has not got bigger and I don't have any other symptoms. should I be worried
Posted Mon, 3 Jun 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ishfaq Habib 15 minutes later
Welcome to XXXXXXX

The Head injury is critical for the first 48 hours. any symptoms and signs that appear within these 48 hours are taken as serious. After a year a bump that is completely asymptomatic and do not increases in size is not having any significant. The swelling might be due to fibrosis that is formed as healing process after a possible injury.

If you still have some query, feel free to ask