Periods and bowel movement affected after starting pregnacare conception. What is going on?

I have been taking pregnacare conception tablets for 3 momths. My cycles have always been very regular but have been extended since taking these. I am now one week late, negative pregnancy test and no sign of my period arriving. Is it true that the high amount of iron and vits in these tablets could be to blame? I have also been having terrible flare ups of my IBS symptoms since taking these.
Posted Wed, 7 Nov 2012 in Birth Control
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 36 minutes later
Pregnacare tabs are basically vitamin and iron supplements.They wont affect your cycles at all.But the iron can sometimes cause bowel disturbances. You need to de-stress first.Immense physical and mental stress can cause irregular or delayed cycles.If your cycles have been regular in the past,there should be no reason for your menses to be delayed. Just relax and wait for it to arrive. You can take a break from the pregnacare tabs if your intolerance is unmanageable. Just have a good balanced diet instead.