Penis is less sensitive. Using condom and feeling tired during intercourse. Suggest the treatment?

Psychiatrist
Question
Hello Sir,
I am XXXX, 27 years old male, straight. Leaving in United Kingdom. Did not have sex for whole 1 year. During the time I used to masturbate (without porn). Now when I back to my sexual life (few days ago) I feel that my penis has become much less sensitive. In addition to the fact that my penis is circumcised and I am using condom, it takes me ages to come. It has become such insensitive that during the intercourse I am getting physically tired, my penis goes down (because I am tired) and l feel really frustrated. (I am physically in a better shape a year ago). Moreover, once I know that I'm not going to come my desire to start sex fends off and erected penis dips down. Thus if I used to come 4 times during 5 pm---1 am period, I can do half of it now.
I was wondering whether it is any cream or gel that could recover and increase sensitivity on my penis the way it used to be before. Surfing on the web I read that using regularly any good face moisturizing cream could make skin on my circumcised penis more sensitive. What could be your advice upon my case? Thanks you.
Posted Fri, 20 Sep 2013 in Sexual Problems

Answered by Dr. Susanta Padhy 57 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Moisturising cream should help, but partly

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXX

Thanks for the query,

The reported symptoms are very usual, and not very serious, do not panic, but, at the same time I can sense your frustration.

Applying lubricating oil as you are mentioning in the local ares; indulging in quality fore play to the extent of natural lubrication of glans penis; obtaining better natural lubrication in your partner, employing "sensate focus technique" while performing sex; and understanding the various phases of sexual cycle will help to achieve better erection and will help better enjoyment of sex

Sex comes predominantly from mind less from sex organs. Therefore, more you worry, worse would be the situation.

Hope this answer will help you, in case you have further concerns, please do write back and I shall try my best to answer you accordingly.

Follow-up: Penis is less sensitive. Using condom and feeling tired during intercourse. Suggest the treatment? 34 minutes later
Thank for your prompt reply.
I would like to ask follow up questions.
1) Is the symptom I have curable in short time? how long can I have my previous life back approximately?
2) Should I use creams every day, for example after having a shower or before intercourse.
3) Is there anything that will increase my penis sensitivity after having two sexual acts? I can not enjoy the process of the 3rd act itself except ejaculation. I want to enjoy the process itself like the first time or second time.

Answered by Dr. Susanta Padhy 26 hours later
Brief Answer:
Curable in short time, cream can be used daily

Detailed Answer:
It is clearly curable in short time, I presume you should be able to be back to your previous life in 1-2 months

You can use cream daily after shower and before intercourse. At the same time start following principles of normal sexual cycle etc that we had discussed in my previous answer

Normally, the extent of enjoyment or even extent of erection decreases if you indulge in second / third acts too successively. You have to have a gap of few hours at least between two acts

Hope this helps