Partial loss of corticomedullary differentition, no evidence of calculus or hydronephrotic. Ultrasound showed normal kidney, varying creatinine level

dear sir
my brother aged 49 years ultrasound report of kidney is both kidney normal in size outline and echogenicity .There is partial loss of corticomedullary differentition. no evidence of calculus or hydronephrotic changes seen
rt kidney 80x42mm, lt kidney 84x49mm . his creatine level is varying from 3.6 to 4.2. can you advice me line of treatment we should go about.
Posted Thu, 23 May 2013 in Kidney Conditions
Answered by Dr. Prasad Akole 27 minutes later
Dear friend, welcome to Healthcaremagic!
I am Dr. Prasad Akole (Critical Care Expert- and am glad to address to your query here.

The USG (ultrasonography)of your brother shows partial loss of differention between the kidney cortex (surface) and medulla (deeper) structures and deranged creatinine.
This indicates kidney failure.
What was the USG done for?
What are his illnesses? Is he a diabetic/ hypertensive?
What are his symptoms?

It would greatly help if you could upload any other reports here using the uploading service available on this site just below the text box. You can email the reports / scans to
YYYY@YYYY      with subject- (Attn: Dr. Prasad Akole)

I would advise him a complete evaluation for renal failure and a nephrology opinion.
I can be more specific once I get details from you.

I would be glad to answer any further queries. Take care and please keep me informed of your progress at
Good Luck!