Painful periods, dull burning pelvic pain, CIN1 result from smear showing abnormal cells, wants to do coploscopy. Treatment ?

I am 34 years old, and have been referred for a coploscopy having received a CIN1 result from one smear and then a follow up smear with the result of 'abnornmal cells'. My periods have become much more painful over the last 12 months, an i have experienced a very dull, burning pelvic pain on my left side for the last 2 months. Is this connected and should I be worried?
Posted Fri, 20 Apr 2012 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 12 minutes later
Since you have already been diagnosed with CIN I and abnormal cells are also present in the smear, the pain in the pelvis might be associated with some lymph node swelling in the pelvis or there is a possibility of a separate ovarian mass or cyst.
The exact cause of this pain can only be determined by doing an ultrasound scan and MRI of the lower abdomen.
Please visit your gynecologist to undergo physical check up and also to undergo relevant investigations required in your case.
Hope this answers your query.I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Follow-up: Painful periods, dull burning pelvic pain, CIN1 result from smear showing abnormal cells, wants to do coploscopy. Treatment ? 17 hours later
Hello and thank you for your previous reply. I am also feeling the need to urinate more frequently and feel bloated (but in the area above the abdomen). Should I mention these to the gynecologist? Don't want to feel stupid!

Kind regards
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 3 hours later

Thanks for writing again.

There is no problem in mentioning both these symptoms to your Gynecologist.

In fact, she can rule out urine examination.

Hope my answer is helpful. Write back if you have further queries.

Wishing you a trouble free speedy recovery.