Painful intercourse due to dryness in vagina

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Question
Dear Doc
My virgina is always dry and not lubricating at all when am turned-on by my partner to have intercourse, am always in an excruciating pain, hence sex will not take place because of me being in agony all the time.
Secondly, i always feel ticklish! while my entire body will be shaking
Posted Mon, 30 Apr 2012 in Women Sexual Problems

Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 2 hours later

It is also relevant to know certain sensitive issues, I hope you would not mind it.
It is also important to know if this is the first time you encounter this problem?
Is it with the same partner ?
Do you have any regular Gynecological check up?

Vaginal dryness is commonly encountered in cases where there is lesser foreplay and emotional bonding with the partner is not very strong.
When in bed do not think of anything else and involve yourself fully.Ask your partner to have lots of foreplay and then start the penetration so that you are adequately lubricated.He can also try oral intercourse.
Use vaginal lubricants which are to be applied before the intercourse and help in penetration. I hope you have tried them and any help from them?
If you will talk to your partner and let him know what you want he would also be happy that you are sharing your feelings with him.
Do some XXXXXXX breathing exercises as Yoga/meditation which will help you in relaxation.
If these measures do not help then you need to consult your gynecologist to rule out organic causes of vaginal dryness.
The feeling of tickling might be related to stress and anxiety. Relieving the anxiety will help in improvement of the symptoms.
I hope this answers your query effectively.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.