Pain right below and on lower rib after skateboard crash, 12 year old. What do you think ?

hi, im 12 years old and I fell of my skateboard last sunday and had a really big crash, since then twice in the middle of the night i have had and extreme amount of pain right below and on my lower rib, it has happened twice, once on sunday night and then agian last wednesday . the pain was very bad and my some people think i may have a hair line fractured in my rib or possible damaged some cartilage or stained a mussel, what do you think.
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 1 hour later
Hello and thanks for the query.
You may have fracture rib along with crushed muscles.
You must get a X-ray done to rule out fracture.
Treatment consists of taking local anti inflammatory gel.
Local hot fomentation will also help.
Don't lift heavy weights for couple of weeks.
I hope to have answered your query however you can revert to me for any further query.
Thanks and best of luck.