Pain on right side below rib cage and above hip. Could this be a gall bladder disease?

Gastroenterologist
Question
I HAVE A PAIN ON MY RIGHT SIDE JUST BELOW MY RIB CAGE AND ABOVE MY HIP COULD THIS BE A GALL BLADDER .I HAVE HAD THE PAIN FOR ABOUT ONE WEEK NOT UNBEARABLE BUT I KNOW IT IS THERE
Posted Thu, 31 Oct 2013 in Abdominal Pain

Answered by Dr. Amit Jain 41 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Please see the details

Detailed Answer:
Hello! Thanks for putting your query in XXXXXXX I am a Gastroenterologist (DM).

Pain on right side below rib cage can be due to:
1. Gallbladder disease like gallstones, cholecystitis
2. Liver- fatty liver, abscess
3. Billiary tract
4. pancreas
5. Intestinal pain
6. or it may be acid peptic disease

So I will advise you to get yourself examined by a doctor who may advise you to get an ultrasound abdomen to confirm the cause for pain

I hope I have answered your query and this will help you. If you have any further query I will be happy to answer that too. Remain in touch and get-well soon.