Pain in the chest after physical activity, scoliosis, viral brobchitis

Hey, after playing soccer today I got some chest pain and I think it might be related to my hypokyphosis. I got thoracic scoliosis and a very straight upper spine. Can this be the reason for my pain?
Posted Mon, 7 May 2012 in Lung and Chest disorders
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 6 hours later
Thoracic scoliosis or hypokyphosis is more likely to be associated with a back pain and may rarely cause a chest pain.We need to consider more likely organic causes at your age first like-
1)The first possibility is of pleuritis - You may have VIRAL BRONCHITIS. Your pain may be caused by PLEURISY, an irritation of the lining of the lung that is usually caused by a viral infection. Hard coughing may also cause pain in the muscles and chest wall. Drink plenty of fluids, and try cold medicines and/or anti-inflammatory medicines to relieve your symptoms. See your doctor if the pain continues for more than a few days or if you develop a fever.
2) The second possibility can be of myositis or muscle pull due to overuse of muscles. This is specially seen after a heavy exercise like playing soccer.Mild antiinflammatory drugs and hot fomentation will help you.
3)The third possibility is of Peptic ulcer disease or GERD. Try raising the head of your bed about four inches with blocks. It also might help to avoid eating or drinking for two hours before you lie down. To help control the stomach acid, one should not drink alcohol or drinks with caffeine in them, or eat chocolate or spicy or greasy foods. Also take some antacid but if the symptoms are severe, then you may need drugs like proton pump inhibitors.
I suggest you to consult a physician and get these causes ruled out.
I hope my answer and recommendations are adequate and helpful. Waiting for your further follow up queries if any.