Ask a Urologist   »  

Pain in the back and abdomen, burning while urination. Urine test shows no infection. Incorrect test result?

symptoms of a uti but urinalasis came back clean Hi, I have what I believe to be the symptoms of a uti or bladder infection. Burning urination but no discharge, pain in the back and side and tenderness on the left side of my abdomen. I've had a urinalasis done but it came back negative. The physician told me it was due to thick urine due to lack of fluids. After several days and more water and pure cranberry than I can handle the symptoms remain, although less severe. Possible that my results were incorrect?
Posted Thu, 26 Apr 2012 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Chandan Choudhary 10 hours later

Thank you for posting your query.

You have described in detail about your symptoms, thanks for the same. However, I would like to know a few more details as to your age, gender, duration of symptoms, any other pre-existing medical diseases like Diabetes etc.

I would suggest you to get Ultrasound scan of the lower abdomen done and a comment on the residual urine volume left in the urinary bladder.

It seems to me like a minor health issue which may be easily treated.

Please do get back to me with these details.

Awaiting your response.