Pain in pelvic region, UTI, burning and constant pain. Drinking cranberry juice. Is this cervical cancer?

May 2013
For the past couple of days I have been feeling pain in my pelvic region. Ive had an UTI before, so naturally I assumed that's what it was. I went to a pharmacy close and bought some antibiotics and have been drinking cranberry juice (mind you, I'm in china). Before the pain was more of a burn, but this time it hurts all the time, when I sit down when I hold my urination, during sex,and etc. It constantly feels like something is being shoved up onto my cervix. It hurts all day. My urination is not cloudy or smell strange. I'm a bit worried since before I have tested positive for HPV and I'm worried it may be cervical cancer. It feels like I have gas trapped or as if Im constipated. What's wrong with me!?
Posted Fri, 6 Jul 2012 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 2 hours later
thanks for the query.

the possible causes for your findings are,

-chronic urinary tract infection: sometimes urinary tract infection will not get cured with single course of antibiotics.
you have to get culture and sensitivity of the mid stream urine, to detect the infective organism and its sensitivity for antibiotics,
with this antibiotics complete cure can be expected.

-pelvic inflammatory disease: infection of the XXXXXXX reproductive organs, uterus, ovary and fallopian tubes can present with pelvic pain.
vaginal infection can also cause pain during intercourse and it can spread to higher organs and cause pelvic inflammatory disease.

-you didn't mention anything about your menstrual cycles,
presence of subserous fibroids or ovarian cysts which prolapsed into pouch of XXXXXXX can also cause pelvic pain, which will be usually associated with menstrual abnormalities.
when they press on rectum feeling like gas trapping or constipation can be present.

-infection with HPV takes around 8 months to year to clear, but it usually presents with warts, 90% of HPV positivity is linked with genital infection only, the possibility of cervical cancer is rare.

so you better visit local gynecologist once, get local examination, pap smear, ultrasound, urine culture and sensitivity which will possibly find out the cause for your pelvic pain and treatment can be given according to that.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.
take care.

Follow-up: Pain in pelvic region, UTI, burning and constant pain. Drinking cranberry juice. Is this cervical cancer? 2 hours later
What if you can feel the pain everytime you take a step? My Menstral cycle is completely normal with about 28 days between periods that last up to 4 days. I tested positive two years ago and last check up the test showed no sign. Which I'm glad to know that cervical cancer is a rare outcome. What are the possibilities of starting a new birth control (UID) with ethos condition?
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 25 minutes later

in case of pelvic inflammatory disease or urinary tract infection,
-inflammatory reaction can involve the ligaments and muscles surrounding these organs and
-there is chance of formation of adhesions between infected organs and surrounding organs.
because of this when movement of the body occurs these structures will get stretched leading to pain.

whereas in case of prolapsed ovarian cyst etc,
- prolapsed structures may irritate the surrounding structures
- chances of formation of adhesions are there
which causes pain on movement.

in case of active pelvic inflammatory disease, intra uterine contraceptive devices(IUD) are contraindicated.
so before choosing you better get examined with your doctor to rule out the possibility of PID.

Wish you Good Health, If you are satisfied with my response please rate the answer after closing the discussion.
take care.