Pain in neck, ears and on forhead. Was operated for bowel cancer. Had lump on head when young. Reason for pain?

helloi did all this befor but got to do it again iv a bad neck that goes over my ears and on to my forhead i had bad mager op for bowel cancer nearly 2 years ago i wear colstphy bag now but i did have a small lump at back of my head ween i was younger but it went all of sudan now i get pains there not all time but in m,y neck and around my head i sometimes wonder if its how i sleep but its realy worrying me
Posted Sat, 25 May 2013 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. Gopal Krishna Dash 1 hour later
Thanks for the query
I understand your concern
Neck pain in this age could mostly related to cervical spondylosis with/without pinched nerves. This can be treated by medications if there are no clinical signs of nerve compression. The medications that may help are gabapentine, pregabaline etc along with physiotherapy. My concern is that you have history of cancer and people at this age and with history of cancer may have relapse of cancer even in bones which can cause more pain. So I advise you to get examined by a local neurologist and get a MRI scan which will clarify the picture and our guidance
Please let me know if I can help you in any way

Best wishes