Pain and burning in chest, under shoulder blades on back and tingly feeling in stomach like muscle spasm

Excellent

Psychiatrist
Question
pain and burning in chest, right side, under shoulderblades on back. nervous tingly feeling in stomach and chest similar to muscle spasm. the harder I work the less it hurts or bothers me. feel good in the morning, bothers me in early afternoon and the goes away in the evening. putting pressure on back while sitting makes it worse.
Posted Fri, 4 Oct 2013 in Back Pain

Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
It could be GERD

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for choosing health care magic for posting your query.

I have gone through your question in detail and I can understand what you are going through.

From what you have stated it appears that you have a problem of gastro esophageal reflux disease. This illness occurs when there is a lot of acid in stomach which even regurgitates into the esophagus. Thisbcauses burning pajn and tingling sensatiin which chages with posture and can vary with the time of the day.

You need to start a combination of ant acids like ranitide or rabeprazole with prokinetic such as metoclopromode. This will reduce the symtoms andmake you feel better.

If the symptoms persist then you will have to go ahead with endoscoph to rule out gastric ulcer or duodenal ulcer.

Hope I am able to answer your concerns.

If you have any further query, I would be glad to help you.

If not, you may close the discussion and if possible you may rate the answer for me, so that I get a good feedback.

In future if you wish to contact me directly, you can use the below mentioned link:

bit.ly/dr-srikanth-reddy

Wish you good health,

Kind regards

Dr. Srikanth Reddy M.D.

Follow-up: Pain and burning in chest, under shoulder blades on back and tingly feeling in stomach like muscle spasm 12 minutes later
I have been taking 1 Zantac 150 mg once a day. Is this enough or do I need to try a different kind? I have been taking them for about two weeks. I am really worried about all of this and I know that isn't helping either.

Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Need to increase the dose

Detailed Answer:
Hello
At health care magic we are not allowed to prescribe the medications. In such cases in my clinic I generally prescribe Zantac 150mg twice a day along with metoclopromide. There are combination of these drugs in the market as well. Do for bland diet for next 2 weeks and drink plenty of water.
Hope I am able to answer your concerns.

bit.ly/dr-srikanth-reddy

Wish you good health,

Kind regards

Dr. Srikanth Reddy M.D.