One abortion, bleeding on intercourse

hi my name is XXXXXXX i am from kashmir i had one abortion at the age of 20 now i am 23 years old i am unmarried i had sex with my boyfriend sometimes (2 to 3 time in a month) we usually had sex in dogy style but i bleed immediately few(1 or 2 drop) drops in this position. now tell me is it normal to bleed in this style. sud i stop intercourse for few month or till marriage... or is there any remedy for this ?
Posted Sun, 22 Apr 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 18 minutes later

First,I must say that having sex in the doggy style should not cause bleeding at all.Bleeding after sex is not normal.
If there abnormal bleeding like this,then the first thing that needs to be done is a pelvic examination.The examination is to rule out any abnormalities like lesions,ulcers,polyps etc that may cause the bleeding due to friction/trauma.
Then a pap smear should also be done.
I suggest that you see a gynecologist and have this done.A pap smear test and if needed an ultrasound scan.Meanwhile i think you need to avoid any trauma to the vagina that may be causing the bleed.Use lots of lubrication to ease the trauma that may be caused.
However,I would suggest that hold the intercourse until all the common conditions mentioned are ruled out.

Follow up questions are welcome.

Follow-up: One abortion, bleeding on intercourse 10 hours later
i have also pain in pelvic region after intercourse... m so woried is this any serious matter...i dont bleed alot just 1 drop only... and i secrete alot early in the morning...
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 1 hour later

A slight amount of discomfort occurs after sex if the penetration is too XXXXXXX or rough.However,i still dont think that the bleeding is justified.Either the penetration is rough and trauma is causing the bleeding or any pathology should be ruled out.
Secretion is normal and that should not worry you.
I suggest that you rule out pathology first and then you need to have a talk with your partner about gentle intercourse.

Wish you good health
Follow-up: One abortion, bleeding on intercourse 5 hours later
dr. i forgot to tell u my boyfrnd usually insert his fingers into my vagina..
actually i dont want to consult gyni. i think i will stop intercourse for sometime then i vll see what will happen... after long time of intercourse.what u suggest
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 4 hours later

Thanks again.

Even if your partner inserts his finger it should not be so traumatic as to make you bleed.

Yes of course,you can stop intercourse for a while; but getting an examination would still be preferable.