On pill with a normal cycle except the persistent bleeding. Had papsmear done. Filling dizzy. Any advice?

Hello, I am a 28 yr old female with a 7 and 9yr old. I have had persistent PV bleeding for months now, am on the pill with a normal cycle except the persistent bleeding. I have had a papsmear done last week and just had a ultrasound done. The result came back fine except it said in the right adnexa there is a 6.1 x 3.2 x 5.7cm cystic lesion. There is no XXXXXXX vascularity and allowing for slight atrefact no defiite solid component is identified. No seperate ovary is identified and this is presumable ovarian in origin. What does this mean? And feeling rather dizzy at this very moment, even though i have eaten and am drinking water. no pain in my tummy except overall lower pain from the ultrasound and transvaginal scan done 2 1/2 hrs ago. My next appointment with my local doctor is next Monday.thankyou
Posted Tue, 31 Jul 2012 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Divya Kuttikrishnan 1 hour later
Hello there,

Thanks for writing in.

Given your young age, normal pap smear, cystic lesion<10cm, with no XXXXXXX vascularity and no solid component on the transvaginal ultrasound, I feel there is nothing to worry.It might be a simple ovarian cyst.

Sometimes the lesion might regress with oral contaceptive pills. Your doctor might advise you to repeat the transvaginal ultrasound after 4-6weeks.

As for the dizziness and fatigue, I would advise you to get some rest and drink plenty of warm fluids. It could be due to the dicomfort you felt with the transvaginal ultrasound. In case , the dizziness is unbearable, please visit your doctor.

I hope I have answered your queries .I will be happy to answer any further queries you might have.

In case you don't have any further queries, please accept my answer. Any reviews are welcome.

Have a great day.

Dr.Divya Kuttikrishnan