On montek L C. Had breathlessness. Got skin rashes. Was it allergy? How can I get permanent solution?

ENT Specialist
I am 27 year old single female ...I have been on this medicine montek LC 10 mg for last 8-9 months.... the intialy symptoms i got was of breatlesness as in asthaman...but i was feeling that my breath is geeting stuck in my neck in say airpipe...i got treatment for asthman n all intialy but of no good..then after 15 days i got severe skin rashes ...if i rubbed at any place of my bdoy it used to become red and swollen in the area it was i consulted a doctor she said it was allergy even the asthma thing was allergy..she gave me montek LC 10 mg and since then I have been taking this medecine daily, if I dont take this medicine anyday I get breathlessness and feel my airpipe is congested in neck and also i get some rash and itching in skin I wnat to permanently get rid of this problem now..i cant keep taking montek LC all my life..please help with this
Posted Mon, 28 May 2012 in Asthma and Allergy
Answered by Dr. Sumit Bhatti 20 hours later

Thank you for your query.

1. In Asthma, there is bronchospasm. This makes exhaling air difficult.

2. The treatment of Asthma requires more than Montek LC. Bronchodilators and steroid nebulizers are also required.

3. Get a chest specialist's opinion. An auscultation, chest X-ray, skin prick tests for allergy and Spirometry ( Pulmonary Function Tests) will be required.

4. Many diseases can mimic Asthma. Allergy cannot be cured, only controlled. Hence these investigations are important. Kindly write back with the reports.

I hope that I have answered your queries. If you have any further questions, I will be available to answer them.