On extending spine, heard a pop. Low back is sore. Putting ice and ibuprofen. Had C3-C-5 surgery. Advise?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
I over-extended my spine and heard a loud "pop". That was a week ago and my low back is very sore, limiting my movements. I am doing ice and ibuprofen but I am still in pain. I had C3-C-5 surgery 2 years ago. Have I messed up that surgery? YYYY@YYYY . Thanks
Posted Thu, 30 May 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 2 hours later
The loud pop and the pain in the lower back is not likely to be due to any affect on the surgery of cervical spine. It is more likely to be due to a muscle sprain in the lumbar spine or an injury in the area.
Investigations like MRI scan will help in detecting the exact type of injury that you have suffered. Till then have a bed rest, take mild pain killers and do a hot fomentation in the area of pain for relief.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.