On dialysis, experiencing body jerking and became cold during treatment with shivering. Cause?

my husband is on dialysis nearly 7 weeks; now, he is experiencing body jerking it started when on one of his treatment he became so cold he was shaking. what is causing this?
Posted Fri, 4 Oct 2013 in Kidney Conditions
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 34 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Can be a complication of dialysis.

Detailed Answer:
Dear Madam,

Thank you for posting your query on XXXXXXX

Well looking into your problem I would suggest you that it can be a complication of dialysis most commonly Dialysis dysequilibrium syndrome which could lead to restlessness and such involuntary movements . It usually occurs after a few sessions of dialysis .

But other conditions like electrolyte imbalance needs to be considered . I would advise you to consult a nephrologist as if it is diagnosed Dialysis should be discontinued until the seizure and vital signs have been stabilized
Kindly get this issue in their notice at the earliest.

Dr. Shruti