On clomid, kalm tablet, backache, period delayed. Related?

hi, im 26 years old.i have been on clomid for 6th cycle now.on on 25th day of my cycle i took a kalm tablet as i had a terrible day i felt much better an d was relieved of its day 32 of my cycle.still no period.could kalm tablets delay one's period
Posted Sun, 6 May 2012 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 36 minutes later

Taking a single Kalm tablet on 25th day of your cycle is not likely to cause a delay in your periods.

As you have been taking Tab.Clomid, the delay in your periods could be due to pregnancy also.

You can get a home pregnancy test done which is simple and efficient in detecting pregnancy.

The test is performed using pregnancy kits which are readily available in market using few drops of early morning urine.

Alternately you can consult a gynecologist immediately who will do a serum beta HCG test and a pelvic ultrasound to confirm or rule out pregnancy.

I hope my answer and recommendations are adequate and helpful. Waiting for your further follow up queries if any.

Follow-up: On clomid, kalm tablet, backache, period delayed. Related? 24 hours later
hello dr,since the past few days i have been feeling uneasy.since the
30th day of my i have been experiencing cramps in my ovaries.and i
noticed i have a running stomach in the stomach is kind in
a turmoil,then i go toilet ,there my stool is loose,not watery.unlike
these past days i used to be constipated. after relieving myself my
stomach feel much better.but then after my next meal,my stomach aches
and feel like wanting to pass stool again.sometimes i do pass it.
and sometimes not.i'm taking no vitamin tablet,only calcium sandoz so
far. i dont know if i'm pregnant?tday is cd 33 of my you
think a home pregnancy test will reveal if im pregnant on cd 31 i did
a test and it turned to be negative.still no it too early to
find out .do i have to wait for some more time before doing any blood
test or so!
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later

Thanks for writing again.

On day 33 of your cycle, blood test will definitely reveal about your pregnancy. You can get your serum beta HCG levels checked and repeat the test after 48 hours. Doubling of hcg levels is diagnostic of pregnancy.

For urine HCG test, you need to wait for two days more and use an early morning first sample of urine for the test.

Your symptoms may be suggestive of high progesterone levels in your body but nothing is diagnostic.

Hope I have answered your query.

Wishing you an early recovery.