On Keppra for long time. Took Lamictal. Changed to vimpat. Could Keppra be actually a factor in causing the seizures?

My daughter has been on Keppra for 8 years. She took Lamictal as well and then it was changed a few months ago to Vimpat as the secondary medication. She has suddenly had a series of seizures, a week or so apart. Could the Keppra be actually a factor in causing the seizures?
Thank you XXXXXXX Schiller
Posted Mon, 11 Nov 2013 in Epilepsy
Answered by Dr. Basheer Ahamed 52 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Keppra is an antiepileptic drug.

Detailed Answer:

Keppra(Levetiracetam) is an antiepileptic drugs. It prevents seizures by slowing the abnormal nerve impulses in the brain.

Actually keppra does not cause seizures rather it prevents seizure.

The latest events of seizures has to be reported to your doctor immediately. The cause may be related to ineffective dose of the antiepileptic drugs. It should be adjusted accordingly.

Epileptic disorder causes seizure and not the Keppra.

Hope I have answer your query.
Let me know if you have any further queries.