On Effexor, would it be ok to take rhodiola with it?

Hi, I am on of Effexor, would it be ok to take rhodiola with it?
Posted Wed, 7 Aug 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Basheer Ahamed 2 hours later

As you might known venlafaxine (Effexor) is an antidepressant of SNRI group. Rhodiola(Roseroot) is a commercially available herbal supplement. I understand you want to know if there is any interaction between these two drugs. Currently there are no robust data available on drug interaction between Rhodiola with other drugs. In such circumstance I advice my patient not to use herbal product until you contact the manufacturers of the product.

Hope the answer helps you. Pleased to answer other queries.