Ointment for knee pain when sitting for a long time?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
hi doc, my mother is 55 year of age.she gets knee pain when she sits for long. can you please suggest any ointment or treatment for the same. thanks
Posted Sat, 1 Mar 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Chander Mohan Singh 50 minutes later
Brief Answer: Get x-ray done. Detailed Answer: Hi, I have read your query. You should get x-ray both knees standing in AP view done and send it to me or discus it with your doctor. Your doctor will do physical examination of knee and compare it with x-ray report. Osteoarthritis is commonly found in this age group. I generally advise my patients to take 1 tablet aceclofenac+thiocolchicoside combination morning and evening, declofenac ointment locally 3 times a day, cap.glucosamine+chondroitin sulphate 2 times a day. But you should first discus all this medication with doctor who will access you and prescribe you these medications. All are prescription based. You should not ever take any medicine without prescription of doctor because these medications may cause harm if taken without advise of doctor. Your doctor may also advise you ultrasound therapy for knee joint. Apply hot packs for 30 mins in morning and evening. Try to avoid squatting and upstairs as much as possible. Do daily morning walk, take balanced diet. Do quadriceps strengthening exercise as uploaded on you tube. I hope it helps. You may close the discussion and if possible you may rate the answer 5 points for me, so that I get a good feedback. In future if you wish to contact me directly, you can use the below mentioned link: WWW.WWWW.WW Thanks. Dr.Singh.