Nursing mother. Missed period. Experiencing pain in tail bone while sitting. Reason?

I have a baby who is 10 months old and since two weeks I am experiencing pain in my tail bone while sitting. I have missed my menstrual cycle also last month. WHt might be the reason?
Posted Mon, 27 May 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Richa Agarwal 1 hour later

After delivery of a child and during pregnancy women may feel pain in tail bone because of weight bearing effect during pregnancy and because of wrong posture. Treatment is to decrease weight, maintain proper posture and do some yoga.

It may be because of calcium deficiency after delivery due to breast feeding and it may decrease after delivery because requirement is increased. Treatment involves taking calcium supplement, milk and dairy product in the diet.

It may be because of complicated vaginal delivery, the bone may be broken or bruise, it may heel with time.

Use some hot fomentation, pain killer and pain relieving cream.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help.