Numbness, tingling, headache, trouble keeping balance, uncontrollable jerking. What would be causing this?

Numb tingly feeling on left side of face This has happened before a couple times I got a tingly numb feeling on left side of my face down into my neck and at the same time I feel real tired like my eyes are going to roll in the back of my head the feeling last about a minute maybe minute and a half then goes away. Like I said this has happened before. Also I have experienced one time a headache like none other on only right side of my head it caused my vision to where I saw shadows over who I was talking to. I had trouble keeping my balance and my head did an uncontrollable jerking thing also felt like something was draining down the right side of my face. What would be causing me to experience this
Posted Tue, 8 May 2012 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Shiva Kumar R 43 minutes later

From the information given to me it looks to me like you have a worst headache of your life with jerking and visual disturbances. In addition you have episodic sensory symptoms over the left side of the face. Based on these features I would like to rule out Subarachnoid hemorrhage (SAH) with possible seizures. Other possibility could be a complicated migraine headache.

So I personally recommend you to consult your GP (General Physician) for a referral to Neurologist for a good clinical examination and consultation. CAT (Computerized Tomography) scan of the brain may be required to exclude other serious causes of headache along with EEG (Electroencephalogram). Once the diagnosis is confirmed, medications for acute attacks and prevention of migraine can be started under supervision.

I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. In case of any doubt, I will be available for follow ups.

Wish you good health.

Dr Shiva Kumar R
Neurologist & Epileptologist