Numbness in lower lip and tingling nose. Any cure?

My lower lip is numb and the tip of my nose is tingling
Posted Tue, 9 Oct 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Sumitra Kumar Mukherjee 30 minutes later

I am sorry to hear about your problem.

I shall be grateful if you kindly explain your problem a bit elaborately.
- How long you having this problem?
- Can you tell how it started?
- Have you taken any medication?
- Have you eaten anything different?
- Have you got any other problem with it like breathing problem or swelling of mouth?

Awaiting your reply

Kindest Regards
Follow-up: Numbness in lower lip and tingling nose. Any cure? 5 hours later
No I have eaten anything different the tingling of the tip of my nose off and on for about two weeks I noticed this morning my lower lip was numb and it has been all day like I've had dental work.
Answered by Dr. Sumitra Kumar Mukherjee 5 hours later
Dear Madam,

The functional cause for those could be stress. The tingling of the nose could be due to cold weather (functional) and can be caused by neurological condition e.g. Migraine. The numbness of the lip also caused by cold temperature (functional) but it may be caused by allergic condition and neuropathy. It may also be caused by serious medical condition like anaphylaxis. I think you should see a Neurologist for the assessment.

I wish you speedy recovery.

Kindest regards
Dr. S.K.Mukherjee