Noticed swelling on neck. Suggested for operation. Any medicinal cure available to dissolve this nodule?

Question
I noticed a small swelling on my left neck. A fine needle aspiration was done and it was found to be a benign nodule. MRI confirmed the size to be about 3 cms. This nodule does not give me any problem in breathing or swallowing. The surgeons recommened an operation. It was delayed because of my COPD and a physician advised me to leave it alone but keep a regular watch over the nodule by ultra sound. If it grows more than 4 Cms and giving problems, then we can think of surgery, He said. Kindly advise me whether any medicinal cure is available to dissolve this nodule.
Posted Sat, 16 Feb 2013 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Rahul Tawde 1 hour later
Dear XXXXXXX,
Thanks for writing in. If FNAC report is suggestive of benign nodule then nothing much to worry. But regular followup is reqd to see if any increase in size occurs. There is no medicinal treatment to dissolve the same. Radio frequency treatment is possible to reduce the size but not available in India. So follow up is what is best course of action in your case.
Hope this helps
Shivaprasad