Had bleeding from nipple, had milk ducts removed. Have pain in neck, shoulder and breasts. Suggest?

As above. Last September I had bleeding from my right nipple. I had the milk ducts removed - a micrododectomy? Not sure I've spelt that correctly. I've had pain since then. Recently I've h
ad pain in my neck, shoulder and right breast. The glands in my neck are swollen and have been for about 6 wks or so. I am a bit worried!
Posted Wed, 2 Oct 2013 in Breast Cancer
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Swollen glands need FNAB for diagnosis.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
The swollen neck glands for last 6 weeks is a worrisome finding. The pain in the neck and right shoulder may be related to the swelling or cervical spondylosis.
You need to take pain relievers such as dicolfenac/ibuprofen and an antibiotic after the consultation of your doctor.
FNAB (fine needle aspiration biopsy) of the lymph nodes and swollen glands is the best test. FNAB is aspiration of the material of the glands which is done by a fine gauge needle (22 or 25 gauge) and a syringe. This will confirm the diagnosis as swollen neck glands are often caused by an infection, allergic reactions, cancer or metabolic diseases.
Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.