Diagnosed for larger hyperechoic sol in lobe. Has higher SGPT and SGOT. Suspected Cancer in liver. Advise?

Psychiatrist
Question
Dear Sirs,

My father-in-law, 86 years is diagnosed for larger hyperechoic sol in his right lobe. Also he has higher liver profile SGPT -103, Gamma GT -255 and SGOT 217. Alpha feto protein - 0000. Suspected Cancer in liver. His physical fitness is not good for any conventional treatments according to physicians. Is there any treatment you recommend for him.
Posted Fri, 4 Oct 2013 in Cancer

Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 39 minutes later
Brief Answer:
FNAC or Biopsy

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for choosing health care magic for posting your query.
I have gone through your question in detail and I can understand what you are going through.
The profile of the liver that you have suggested where in all the enzymes are raised at the age of 86 makes malignancy as the prime suspect. But still he should undergo a Fine Needle Aspiration Cytology (FNAC) or if possible a biopsy to confirm the diagnosis.

At his age it wont be proper to go ahead with a surgical procedure but at-least medical management should be provided. ut all this can start after confirming the diagnosis.
Hope I am able to answer your concerns.
If you have any further query, I would be glad to help you.
If not, you may close the discussion and if possible you may rate the answer for me, so that I get a good feedback.
In future if you wish to contact me directly, you can use the below mentioned link:
bit.ly/dr-srikanth-reddy

Wish you good health,
Kind regards
Dr. Srikanth Reddy M.D.

Follow-up: Diagnosed for larger hyperechoic sol in lobe. Has higher SGPT and SGOT. Suspected Cancer in liver. Advise? 21 hours later
Dear Dr. XXXXXXX

Thanks a lot for your advice. Local physicians do not advice any surgical procedures due to poor physical condition. Since yesterday, he got both his legs swollen up to knee level and now hard to walk.
Do you still believe that there is a chance for a surgical procedure followed by a biopsy.

Thanks,

Sarath

Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
FNAC is a minor procedure

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Sorry to hear about your fathers state.

FNAC is a minor procedure where in a needle is inserted and fluid is aspirated and studied.
It can still be undertaken.
He is 86, and if you have decided not to give him any trouble then the same can be avoided as well. The decision has to come from you.

To treat him, if at all, a diagnosis is needed.
Hope I am able to answer your concerns.
bit.ly/dr-srikanth-reddy

Wish you good health,
Kind regards
Dr. Srikanth Reddy M.D.