Noticed strange bruise on both sides at belt waist level. What could be this?

Ive noticed strange bruising on my sides. First was the left side two days later the right side is bruised. Both are at belt waist level. Haven't been hit. Never had this happen before.....
Posted Sun, 19 Aug 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Kulsoom Qureshi 2 hours later
Thanks for writing in.
There can be a list of conditions that can present in this way. It can be a purely skin condition or a sign of some underlying systemic condition.
Most common reasons for such a bruising is an allergic reaction, a fungal infection or developing Herpes Zoster.
I strongly recommend you to plan a visit to a Dermatologist to find out exactly what is causing that bruising? & to get appropriate treatment.
Hope I have provided you the desired clue. Please write back if you want to discuss any more point.
Hope you get well soon.
Best Regards.