Noticed small wound near anus. Having pain. No bleeding. What can be done?

I got a small wound in my motion passage. It pains a lot when i am going for loo. Waiting for your early response. No blood bleedings.
Posted Sat, 6 Jul 2013 in Constipation
Answered by Dr. Prasad 2 hours later

It is absolutely necessary that you describe the size of the wound, its relation to the anal canal; whether it is a raw wound, if there is any foul smelling discharge, etc. These features along with direct examination under light help doctors identify the type of wound and its treatment.

Wound near the anal canal can be related to infected hair follicle, ruptured cyst, anal fissure/tear or discharging sinus. Most of these wound will respond to betadine ointments with or without oral antibiotic. However, sometimes a surgical procedure would be required.

Therefore at this point where I am unable to directly examine the wound, I suggest you to visit a nearby doctor for physical examination. My fellow practitioner can examine the would and prescribe the required medications.
In the meantime you can try over the counter pain killers and warm sitz bath for pain relief. Adding potassium permanganate or epsom salt to the warm sitz bath can give additional benefits.

I hope this information is directed to your treatment. Let me know if you need clarifications.