Noticed small lump on penis shaft. It causes erection problem and limits duration of sex. What is it?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Jul 2016
Jul 2016

Urologist
Question
41 yr old male. I noticed a small tender lump inside the penile shaft. Approximately one inch from the head. It has increased in size since last sexual intercourse two months ago. The size now is approximately one centimeter. No change in size in last two weeks. It is in the center of the penile shaft. Does not prevent erection, but limits duration of sex and length of time in maintain erection. Erections are not occurring without physical stimulation. No pain during urination and no strange fluid. Any help is appreciated.
Posted Sat, 7 Dec 2013 in Men's Health

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 28 minutes later
Brief Answer: It could be Calcified Plaque or Sebaceous cyst Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for your query,based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have noticed a small lump inside shaft of the penis since last 2 months. I shall be happy if you can post me few more details to help me in making comments on your problem 1) Is lump hard or soft on touch ? 2) Can you see any opening over the top of the lump.? 3)Is it freely mobile ? 4) Is erection painful? From what you have stated it could be either a calcified plaque or a sebaceous cyst .However final diagnosis can be confirmed only on clinical examination by a qualified Urologist. Please go ahead and take opinion of a Urologist. Further treatment will depend upon the final diagnosis. The premature ejaculation and difficulty in maintaining erection longer can be treated with Sildenafil ( Viagra)to be taken 1 hour before sex. Hope I have answered your query. If you have any more questions please feel free to ask me I shall be happy to help you . Thanks and Regards. Dr.Patil.

Follow-up: Noticed small lump on penis shaft. It causes erection problem and limits duration of sex. What is it? 16 minutes later
1) Is lump hard or soft on touch ? Semi hard to touch when pinched. 2) Can you see any opening over the top of the lump.? Nothing visible. Felt when using thumb and index finger and squeezing penile shaft. 3)Is it freely mobile ? No. Remains in the same area. 4) Is erection painful? Slight discomfort during erection. Intermittent discompfort.

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 5 hours later
Brief Answer: It looks like a calcified plaque. Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for feedback. It looks like to be a calcified plaque.However needs to be confirmed by clinical examination by Urologist. Since you do not have problem in penetration during sexual intercourse ,it can be left alone which is likely to get resolved itself without any treatment. Thanks and Regards. Dr.Patil.