Noticed small circular slightly pink raised spot on nose after sun exposure. Any ideas?

A week ago I laid in a tanning bed for 10 minutes. I grew very hot in the bed. It did include a facial XXXXXXX which I hadn't used in a while. Immediately upon getting out of the bed, I looked in the mirror and suddenly noticed a small circular, slightly pink, raised spot on the left tip of my nose. A week later I still have the spot, but it isn't as pink. It has never hurt or itched. Now the weird part is, I had this EXACT same reaction on the same spot of my nose last year when I first started tanning. Eventually it went away, and obviously it has now come back. Any ideas and should I be concerned? Most people think it resembles a blister. I just want it to go away. PS: I am no longer tanning.
Posted Thu, 14 Feb 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 21 minutes later
There is nothing to get worried about.

It is nothing but a sun burn which is quite common in people with light skin complexion. Sun burn can present itself as a blister or red area or swollen red tender area and ultimately heals with dryness and peeling of skin.

The areas commonly involved in sun burn are exposed areas of face like forehead, nose, ears, chin, cheeks. Other areas involved are forearms, hands, upper back and v area of neck.So it is just incidental that you had burn at the same spot over face.

To treat that spot, use a steroid cream like hydrocortisone or fluticasone over the spot.

It is also advisable to use a sunscreen with SPF 50 to prevent adverse effects of sun.

It is also not advisable for people with fairer skin types to indulge in frequent sun bathing as chances of skin cancer are high. The reason for higher incidence of skin cancer is lesser amount of melanin or melanocytes in people with fairer skin.

Hope that answers your query. Should there be more, I would be happy to assist you further.