Noticed small brown spots on legs and stomach. What can this be?

Last night while takinga shower i noticed small brown spots in my legs arms n stomach that look like beauty marks. They werent there earlier what is this?
Posted Sun, 3 Nov 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Albana Sejdini 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Please follow the answer below...

Detailed Answer:

First, may I ask to have the picture of such spots?

Anyway, I would add that usually small brown spots are usually associated with sun exposure (ultraviolet light). Avoiding exposure to sunlight or ultraviolet light could prevent future recurrences, and treatment is done only for cosmetically reasons.

You are referring such spots in the stomach skin too, which I would like to know if they are itchy, and if they get dry.

If this is the case, it could be because of tinea versicolor, a fungal infection of the skin, for which topical and oral anti-fungal medications are needed.

Hope it answered to your inquiry! If you have any other concern, do not hesitate to contact me!
Follow-up: Noticed small brown spots on legs and stomach. What can this be? 13 minutes later
I havent been exposed to sun in a long time. These brown spots jus appeared in less than a day. The pic attached is an area on my leg. They are also on my arms n stomach.
Answered by Dr. Albana Sejdini 19 hours later
Brief Answer:
Could you please resend the photo?Not got it....

Detailed Answer:

Could you please resend the pictures as I was not able to get them?

There is an upload button on the right side.

You can also send it to YYYY@YYYY and address it to my name-Dr Albana Sejdini.

Thank you again.