Noticed red pimple on waist line. Can I keep on using fucidin cream?

May 2013
hello this is some what an embrassing question but i am a female and a day ago i noticed what looked liked to be a pimple on my bikini line. It would hurt a bit when i walked and move a certain way. It was red with a bit of white sort of shiny too. I would say it is the size of a pea. I put some polysporin and covered with a klenex for a bit and then took it out. Before I went to bed last night I have this fuciden cream which is 2 % that i put on and again covered it with a klenex and i went to bed. When i woke up about half and hour ago i went to check on it. When i did i noticed with sort of white greyish bubbble which was puss. Im assuming it popped on it own cuz i know i didnt unless i did by accident. So i decided to take all the puss out and now its flat not so bad as yesterday and it is bleeding a little bit. Im not sure what to do now and I dont know how I got it. I havent waxed in month in a half now. Can i keep on using this fucidin cream?
Posted Fri, 12 Oct 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 44 minutes later

The lesion you are having can be folliculitis.
Means inflammation of hair follicle.
This can occur when hair follicles get damaged by friction from clothing, blockage of follicles etc.
This damaged follicles can get infected with bacteria like Staphylococcus.
That can lead to formation of pus and some blood will also be present in follicle which will lead to bulging and pain.
If the pain subsided and if the lesion is not bothering much you can continue to use the fuciden cream which contains fusidic acid which is a antibacterial substance.
As it worked and helped in letting out the pus better to continue the same cream.
Along with this you can use analgesic and anti inflammatory combination tablets.
If the pain is severe and the pus is collecting again better to consult gynecologist or general surgeon once to get examined and take systemic antibiotics.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.
Follow-up: Noticed red pimple on waist line. Can I keep on using fucidin cream? 30 minutes later
ok thank you so much for your help. THere is no more bubble i would say and is not bleeding any more its just red. I put some cream on now but how many times a day should i put the cream on? i have it covered with the cream and a cotten pad.
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 3 hours later

You can use the cream two to three times a day.
As at present there is no lesion you can keep the wound open just by applying the cream no need to cover.
Wish you Good Health, If you are satisfied with my response please rate the answer after closing the discussion.