Noticed pinkish discoloration under the eyes. Should I be worried for vertigo?

Pathologist and Microbiologist
I have had pink skin under my eyes for about one month. It developed about the same time as my vertigo.Now today the pink areas have obvious fluid beneath them. What is going on? What are the possible causes of vertigo?
Posted Sun, 19 May 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Shailja Puri 3 hours later

The two symptoms of pinkish discoloration under the eyes and vertigo seem to be unrelated.

Pink discoloration below the eyes and fluid accumulation is referd to as under eye puffiness.

Under eye puffiness is a symptom of kidney diseases.
So, it is advisable to undertake renal function tests to rule out any kidney disease.

Vertigo occurs due to involvement of the inner ear by some disease process. Inner ear is associated with maintenance of balance.
Consult an ENT specialist for examination of inner ear and relevant investigations.

If you have more queries, I will be glad to answer.
Dr Shailja P Wahal