Noticed painless little bump at base of penis. Getting smaller every day. What could it be?

May 2014

About nine days ago, I noticed a single little bump underneath the base of my penis. It is basically light red or even flesh coloured. It does not hurt, itch, leak fluid or anything like that. It has basically gotten smaller and smaller every day or two and looks like I won't be able to even see it in another two or three days because it will have just disappeared. I was putting zit cream on it because I thought it was maybe a zit, but it didn't "pop" or anything like that. I have not had unprotected sex in basically three years. Another doctor said it was a clogged oil gland, nothing to worry about. I just wanted a second opinion. Thank you.
Posted Wed, 4 Dec 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Vivek Chail 3 hours later
Brief Answer: ?sebaceous cyst Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for writing in to us. I have read through your query in detail. It's good news if the small bump has no increase in size, itching or not having any discharge. You have done a good thing by not allowing it to get infected. It might be a sebaceous cyst which is resolving on its own. I guess that's what your doctor has also meant. Please do not worry about sexually transmitted infection, that does not resolve so quickly. Besides, you have had it seen by a doctor. You should be fine in a weeks time. Hope your query is answered. Do write back if you have any doubts. Regards, Dr.Vivek