Noticed fungus in toenails after pedicure. Feel from bike and hurt arm. Got gallbladder attack. Fallen sick with shingles. What to do?

I have benn having a run of very bad luck. I'm normally VERY healthy and rarely sick. Two months ago I caught a bad cold which laid me flat for close to three weeks! Then I got a pedicure and the. Esthetician said I had a fungus in my toenails, which is common in boaters - my husband and I live aboard our sailboat in the Carribbean for six months of the year. Then, two weeks ago I fell off my bike and broke my arm. Within days I felt like I might be coming down with shingles ( never had it before but couldn't figure out any other reason for how I was feeling) but before I could get that looked at, I had a rash bloomed on my back and torso. Went back to the hospital and was given an affirmative diagnosis of shingles. That was over 10 days ago, I took a full course of anti virals, started and stopped gabapentin ( it made me feel like I had Parkinson, shakes, light headed, poor balance, so I quit taking it. It also did nothing to relieve the excruciating pain. ). While the area affected seems to be minimally shrinking, I am still in enough pain to cause me to scream out loud when I turn over in bed. I am trying to get maximum rest, taking Boost or Ensure, T3 s which barely mask the pain for a short period of time, I went from being. An active,right eating (most of the time), non smoker ever, no meds required to this quagmire which doesn't seem to be abating. I feel like I'm spiraling down. What can I do to get better?
Posted Sun, 22 Sep 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. David Okia 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
These medication will make you better

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for your question.

Based on my experience, you need topical lidocaine and nerve block of area affected by herpes zoster, because you are experiencing severe pain that will not respond to over the counter analgesics. In addition to pain management, you need tablets acyclovir for viral infection. You will definitely be much better after these medication.

I would also recommend blood screening for all infections that are associated with herpes zoster like HIV and chronic conditions like diabetes.

You need to urgently see doctor so that above medication can be prescribed.

Hope I answered your question, will be happy to help you if you have other questions