Ask a Urologist   »  

Noticed cracks on foreskin on penis, which is red and irritating. Applied coconut oil. No relief. Help?

Hi , my foreskin on the penis has breaks since last two days , and it is red , irritating. applying coconut oil but no relief. Please help.
Posted Tue, 24 Sep 2013 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Ashish Mittal 22 minutes later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:
I appreciate your efforts for medical consultation in so much distress.

Usually it take 7-10 days in healing for split skin. Till that time it is necessary to maintain hygiene of that area.

Following steps will be helpful:
-Apply some antibiotic on the penis like soframycin ointment. Keep area clean.
-For irritation, pain and burning some over the counter analgesic like crocin can be used 2 times a day.
-Use cotton underwear only.
-Avoid sex at-least for 2 weeks.
-Take healthy diet (fruits and milk) and multivitamins daily for fast healing.

It is important to know reason for breaking of your penile skin to help you better.

I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. In case of any doubt, I will be available for follow ups.

Wish you good health.
Follow-up: Noticed cracks on foreskin on penis, which is red and irritating. Applied coconut oil. No relief. Help? 56 minutes later
Not sure of the reason, can condom cause this?
Answered by Dr. Ashish Mittal 31 minutes later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:
Hello again,
Thanks for follow up.

If this skin breaking is spontaneous then, It is alarming. In pic also it is not a simple tear.

You need to urgently visit dermatologist for examination and investigations to rule out following conditions:
-Skin allergy to cloths and condom.
-Autoimmune diseases
-Penile skin cancer
-Infection of penile skin

Please accept my answer in case there are no further queries and recommend our services to your friends too if you have found it helpful.

Wish you good health.