Ask a Urologist   »  

Noticed bumps on penis during erection. Easy way to remove this?

I have a question about some bumps on the penis only visible when erect
Posted Fri, 8 Mar 2013 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Ashish Mittal 34 minutes later
I appreciate your efforts for medical consultation in so much distress.

It would help me to help you better if you could answer the following question.

1. Are the bumps itchy and scaly and ulcerated ?
2. Have you had unprotected sexual intercourse in the recent ?
3. Do you have any associated urinary symptoms ?
4. Where are bumps on penis: Shaft, Glans or junction of shaft-glans

If you've never had sex, little white bumps on the penis may be pimples or ingrown hairs or Penile papules. These are common and they're nothing to worry about.

During erection, blood flow to penis increases and tiny red dots may be form on shaft of penis due to capillary dilation, which disappear after loss of erection.

If you are having sex or have had sex in the past, bumps on the penis may be signs of sexually transmitted diseases (STDs). Herpetic genital warts can show up bumps on the penis. These may progress to painful blisters or ulcers.

It is always a good idea to get a physical examination done by your both informative and helpful for you. In case of any doubt, I will be available for follow ups.

Wish you good health.
Follow-up: Noticed bumps on penis during erection. Easy way to remove this? 17 minutes later
Thanks for responding so quickly. I have bad anxiety and can barely even type right now. To answer your questions:

1. There is no itching, not scaly, and not ulcerated. I have noticed them from about 2 weeks ago and am unsure how long they have been there as I have never looked so closely. They just seem to be under the skin and are almost unnoticeable unless the penis is erect. They are not in just one localized spot but rather spread about on the tip of the penis. Mostly skin colored but some almost look like a tiny little blood blister.

2. Last intercourse I had was over 3 months ago. I actually contacted the girl about this and asked if she had any diseases and she said no.

3. I have not had any painful or burning urination. I feel like I might have had some general pain in the groin region but that was right when I started to freak out about this and am not sure if my anxiety could have done that.

4. The bumps are only located on the tip or head of the penis.

As far as some of your short answers, as I have noticed these and they seem unchanged for weeks now is it safe to assume that it is not herpes as it has not turned into ulcers? What about hpv? I couldn't find much online. I've looked at many pictures online but can't really seem to find anything that it resembles.

I can't even begin to tell you how scared I am. I can't stop shaking from fear of an STD and my anxiety is only making this worse. I am in tears on a daily basis from this fear. Please help. If needed I am willing to send a picture.
Answered by Dr. Ashish Mittal 7 hours later
Hello again,
Thanks for follow up.

As you have physical relation around 3 months before onset of skin lesions then, these are least likely sexually transmitted infection.

Do not worry about:
Herpes: As lesions cause severe pain
HPV: As lesions look like papillary growth.

For me lesions appears to benign (no itching, not scaly, and not ulcerated), like mentioned in primary reply.

Considering your anxiety, you can XXXXXXX nearby dermatologist too, as it will give you much satisfaction.

Please accept my answer in case there are no further queries and recommend our services to your friends too if you have found it helpful.

Wish you good health.