Ask a Urologist   »  

Noticed bumps on penis. Hurts to touch. Which medicine should I take?

Question
Hi. I just noticed a bump that looks like a boil or pimple on my penis today. It is on the ending of the penis. I read on the internet and it seems like a hair follicle or something caused by blockage of the sweat gland. I pressed it a little and it hurt. It might have gotten infected. I am very worried. Please tell me what i should do. Which medicine should I take orally and which medicine should i apply. I have this antibiotic called cephalexin which i used for something like a pimple infection on my nose so i just took that. Please help me and tell me what i should do. I hope nothing can happen and that it won't be painful? Please tell me what it is and reply as soon as possible so that it does not grow
Posted Sat, 22 Dec 2012 in Penis Problems

Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 16 hours later
Hi XXXXXXX,
Welcome to healthcare Magic!
The lesion on you penis may be a furuncle or common boil, it may be an STD if you are sexually active and had unsafe sex if any, some time sebaceous cyst also may look like a boil, viral blisters like of herpes are also a possibility.
You can take the antibiotic you have mentioned take it three times a day.
apply local cream called Fusidin twice a day.
It should resolve in 3-4 days if not or increase in size then you should get examined by a local physician and get evaluated and investigated.
I hope the advise would be informative and useful for you.
Take Care!

Follow-up: Noticed bumps on penis. Hurts to touch. Which medicine should I take? 1 hour later
I haven't had sex, but i have had orals like blow job. Could it be because of that? am using some antibacterial cream. That should work right? Is it something serious? or will go away on its own?
Also, I noticed some white thing coming out of it. Does it mean its just a pimple or boil or something? Should i be worried?

Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 6 hours later
Hi XXXXXXX,
Welcome back to Healthcare Magic Physician's Desk!
Oral sex can be a cause of this local infection.
You give a trial of antibiotics you have started, for 3-4 days, if it does not resolve then you must consult a local physician and get investigated and treated accordingly.
Wish you a great health!

Follow-up: Noticed bumps on penis. Hurts to touch. Which medicine should I take? 6 hours later
Even if oral sex is a cause and it doesn't go away in 3-4 days, Can it be something serious? Or is it normal and nothing to worry about?

Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 2 hours later
welcome back to healthcare magic!
If it does not respond in said duration it may need more investigation and escalation of treatment.
I is not prudent to say that it is not worrisome even if it was caused from oral sex.
Hope you would get well soon.