Noticed blood in urine. What should I do now?

Infertility Specialist
I am peeing blood and it really hurts, what should i do? This has been going on for a week, and i thought it would go away but it hasn't, also i can only pee a little bit, and i cant really controol my peeing urges, i have peed myself a few times
Posted Sat, 25 May 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 25 minutes later
Hi, thanks for your query. I read your query and I understand your concerns. Following is my reply : 1) You probably have urinary tract infection. 2) Please give urine for microscopic examination, urine culture & sensitivity test. 3) Please consult a doctor who can prescribe you antibiotics. 4) The doctor will examine you and suggest an ultrasound of bladder if necessary. Please see a doctor for medicine prescription. I hope I answered your query. Regards, Dr. Mahesh Koregol
Follow-up: Noticed blood in urine. What should I do now? 32 minutes later
Is there anything i can do to relieve the pain until I go to the doctor?
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 23 minutes later
Hi, ideally you should drink more water. But you are having pain while peeing which might increase with more water as it results in more peeing. Your doctor can prescribe urine alkylating agent which i cant prescibe online. Hence please see a doctor soon. If pain is severe, go to ER. I hope you areclear now. Regards, Dr. Mahesh Koregol