Noticed bleeding during intercourse. What is the problem?

Mar 2013
After 2 month of marriage.. my husband was out of town for 1 Mon and after his return ..during sex.. he was not able to push-in in 2nd time and blood came out of vagina.....
In my wedding night i felt itching and burning but no blood.....we had many times sexual intercourse in those two months....

Please advise.. I m confused....
Posted Tue, 7 May 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 54 minutes later
Thanks for your query
During penetrative sex for the first time, due to hymenal rupture, slight bleeding may occur.
If you are very sure this was not the first instance of penetrative sex, there could be other reasons.
The most likely one is that during rough or vigorous sexual intercourse, vaginal lacerations or tears or abrasions could result in such bleeding.
Rarely, cervical growths or erosions or polyps could result in post coital bleeding.
If the episode recurs , please consult a Gynecologist for specific diagnosis.

Take care, and feel free to ask further questions.
Follow-up: Noticed bleeding during intercourse. What is the problem? 21 minutes later
I am not very sure for penetrative sex as there was no bleeding in first night but i had sex later on many times. Now today i got bleeding when he inserted for third time . Also i am not feeling pain now... please suggest ...

What should be the position of hymnal? is it visible? without breakage of hymenal how can i had sex earlier...Can time gap create any biological reason. ? even we had tried top position and deeper penetration position earlier too.

today we did not have any vigorous sex but we were doing for third time after my two times organsm.
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 8 hours later
The hymen is visible just at the opening of the vagina in virgins.
You cannot have penetrative sex earlier without rupture of the hymen.
The time gap does not matter.
I think you should consult a gynecologist to rule out any growth or polyp in the cervix or uterus.