No periods, taken sysron. have slight pain in abdomen. Suggest?

Mar 2013
In the last month i had my periods on 16 may but in this month till date no periods. My cycle is are of 21 days. from last two days i have taken sysron. i am very worried about this. Please suggest me the dignos. i have a slight pain on my abdomen also.
Posted Wed, 3 Jul 2013 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 27 minutes later
There could be various possible causes of diagnoses.
Anxiety, stress, emotional upheavals, hectic travelling, recent fever or surgery, rapid changes in weight, ingestion of medications that affect the menstrual cycles - all these could be causes of delayed cycles.
Of course, not to mention, pregnancy and pregnancy related complications such as abortion, ectopic pregnancy also can cause delayed periods.
Hypothyroidism ( uncontrolled levels if you are on thyroid medication ), polycystic ovaries, endometrial hyperplasia - all are other reasons.
Please consult a gynecologist and have appropriate testing to rule out the above conditions.
With proper blood tests and ultrasound, a proper diagnosis can be made.
I hope you have taken Sysron on prescription from a gynecologist.
Please continue the medication as advised, and then wait for maximum one week for your period to arrive.
Sometimes, mild hormonal imbalance can lead to delayed cycles, and it is corrected by medications like Sysron ( progesterone withdrawal )
Feel free to discuss further.