No periods after delivery, have unprotected sex. Can I get pregnant?

I am 26 years old who gave birth to a baby boy on 18th april 2012 by c section i am not breastfeeding the baby at all so i got my first period after pregnancy on 24th may, then on 28th XXXXXXX and then on 25th july but now for month of august i have not gotten my periods yet i having unprotected sex regularly 2-3 days a week without any protection can i be pregnant what should i do should i do should i wait for 1 weeek more or do the pregnancy test if i got pregnant sholud i countinue it or not are there any chances of utreus rupturing or any risk involved willit be again
a c section or vbac should i go for abortion
Posted Sat, 15 Sep 2012 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 55 minutes later
Yes there are all the chances that you may be pregnant.
You can wait for a week and then get your pregnancy test done.
If pregnancy is confirmed then you have to decide whether to keep it or terminate it.
Studies have also shown that women who conceive less than six months after giving birth may have a higher risk for complications such as a ruptured uterus or a premature or low-birth weight baby. 

That said, if you do get pregnant less than 18 months after a c-section, don't panic. Taking at least an 18-month break between births is a guideline designed to reduce your risk of complications, but many women get pregnant sooner and do just fine.If you are feeling healthy enough and you feel your body is able to optimally support another pregnancy then it should be fine.This decision should be taken after discussing with your doctor.
You can opt for C- section or VBAC.
Today, VBAC is a reasonable and safe choice for most women with prior cesarean delivery, including some women who have had more than one cesarean delivery. Moreover, emerging evidence suggests that multiple c-sections can cause serious harm. If you are interested in trying VBAC, ask your doctor if you are a good candidate. A key factor in this decision is the type of incision made to your uterus with previous c-sections.

Your doctor can explain the risks of both repeat cesarean delivery and VBAC. With VBAC, the most serious danger is the chance that the c-section scar on the uterus will open up during labor and delivery. This is called uterine rupture. Although very rare, uterine rupture is very XXXXXXX for the mother and baby. Less than 1 percent of VBACs lead to uterine rupture. But doctors cannot predict if uterine rupture is likely to occur in a woman. This risk, albeit very small, is unacceptable to some women.

Choosing to try a VBAC is complex. If you are interested in a VBAC, talk to your doctor. Only you and your doctor can decide what is best for you. VBACs and planned c-sections both have their benefits and risks. Learn the pros and cons and be aware of possible problems before you make your choice.

If you feel that you are physically and mentally not fit to become mother again so soon,you may opt for abortion.
The decision to keep the child or abort it,is entirely yours.

I hope to have answered your query in detail however you may revert to me for any further query.
Best of luck
Follow-up: No periods after delivery, have unprotected sex. Can I get pregnant? 46 hours later
I got my periods on 25 august but the bleeding is not as usual it is lighter and lasted
only for 1 day and today i got no bleeding what is happening to me regularly my
periods lasts for 3-5 days could it this be implantation bleeding what is implantation
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 1 hour later
In your case it may or may not be implantation bleeding.I will explain you about implantation bleeding .
After ovulation the egg travels into the uterus and burrows into the lining of the uterus. For some women implantation will cause slight bleeding or spotting. This is called implantation bleeding. This is sometimes confused for an early period.

Implantation bleeding normally occurs a week to a few days before your period would normally start. Spotting that occurs around a week after ovulation is likely implantation bleeding; whereas, spotting that occurs very close to the time that your period would normally start may not be. A normal menstrual cycle generally starts off light and then gets heavier. Spotting can sometimes be the sign of an early period. If this is the case, the spotting will pick up to heavier bleeding. If you have spotting right around the time your period would normally start, it can be more confusing. You will need to take the wait and see approach or take a pregnancy test to determine pregnancy.
I think it must be clear to you now.